Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ken Robinson TED Talk Response

I like how he can keep the audience's attention by telling comical stories. He starts to prove his point by saying that schools put arts at the bottom of every school system. He does not overload the audience with facts, rather stories that relate to his topic. I like that he is not standing up there awkwardly, but instead, he has a lot of hand gestures. I realized that he was not just looking at one point in the audience. He started looking around the room and addressing everybody. I feel like he was telling more stories than getting to the point. He started mentioning what his TED talk was about but he kept on telling one story after another. I did not like the fact that I had to look at the title to figure out what his talk subject was about because he rarely mentioned it directly. I wish he would have cut down on the stories and expand a little more on his topic. I did like how he ended his talk with a food for thought type statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment