Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Arthur Benjamin TED Talk

I like how Benjamin starts out his TED Talk by mentioning his topic because with the other two TED talks, I did not know exactly what their topic was until near the end. In the beginning of the others I had to trust my inferences. I also like how he involves the crowd. I guess it seems more motivating and interesting when speakers involve their audience. Benjamin was a great sport when the woman messed up, and instead of being rude about it, he was a good sport, and tried to not further embarrass her. I like how he explains what he is planning to do, so the audience is prepared. When he was racing the calculators, I feel like writing it down on paper was kind of insignificant unless there was a camera there that allowed the audience to be able to see what he was writing. He made one mistake in leaving out onee of his solutions when reading out his answers. I feel like the repetition of phrases such as "Thank you very much.", makes it almost humorous. I also like how Benjamin keeps on stepping it up. It makes his presentation even more entertaining and amazing. I did not like how you could not hear what any of the people on the stage are thinking. His mathemagic leaves me speechless as it is extraordinary. I like how he throws some humor into his speech. It is definitely more laid back than any of the other ones that I have watched. I like the feeling that this is more like a magic show than sitting through a boring speech. I was intrigued about how he was eager to share with everyone how he thought. I was excited to see how he solves problems. Unfortunately, I got really lost because his brain is so much more advanced. All of the random words were so confusing. The ending was mind blowing! It was amazing how he could do all of that in his head! I just admire how his brain works and it makes me wonder how many other people can do what Benjamin can. I think that it matters to education because it shows children what their brain capacity could become. It also gives them hope to strive to embrace their passion in math or any other subject. I think it does the same to the world, and if anyone was like me, they would be in awe at the power of the human brain. Who knew that someone would be able to accomplish such complicated problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment