Thursday, April 19, 2012

Clay Shirky TED Talk

I think that it's kind of odd that he started his story talking not of himself, but of a different person. I do not like how he stuck one of his hands in his pockets. I like how he started explaining his TED talk topic and not just having the audience inferring it. He started talking about LOL cats but it took me a while to see how it connects to his topic. He is using much more visual methods than the other TED talks. The one graph that he used was kind of pathetic because it only really took up about 1/8 of the screen. But, it made more sense when he showed the rest of it. I don't think that I particularly like the technique he used for showing the graph. Shirky confused me a little when he started changing topics so quickly. How does the graph relate to his talk? I don't think that Shirky made the talk interesting enough. I felt myself zone out a few times. This did not affect me because he didn't make the topic that relatable. This topic was confusing. I actually could not tell what the talk was about any more. I don't think that the school or the world can really act on anything because he did not make his point clear. All he did was jump around different topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment