Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dave Eggar's TED Talk

I like how Eggar admitted him being nervous and yet he seems as though he gets calmer when he starts to talk. I think that really helps me because it proves that just because you're nervous, doesn't mean that you don't do well in your talk. He is flailing his arms around quite often and it was a little distracting because it was almost too much. Ok, he kind of lost me when he was talking about the pirate stuff. I feel like he went  a little off topic when he started talking about buying and renovating the building. I am kinda confused about exactly what he is talking about. He started talking about one thing, but he changed the topic way too quickly. He is not lookin at the audience that much. He is looking at his slides way to often. Also, he is showing the same picture for too long. I'm kind of losing interest because you stare at the screen and see the same picture for about thirty seconds. I do like how he shows pictures of the kids learning and with their families though. I think it got better later in the talk because he started to stay on topic and explain a little more on how their school works, and about the kids and volunteers. I like when he was explaining how the kids work so hard to write books and have them published because he sounded like he really cared about them and their feelings and it made it a little more relatable. He is going back to the pirate thing and then he switched to a superhero store? Personally, I prefer the superhero store over the pirate one. Ok, so it seems that he is just showing random shops now. Oh, I get it! Why did he just mention how they relate now? I think that he has an awesome topic because it shows me and the world that people need to get involved with their community and education. I feel like he could have delivered it better, but it was a good topic. I think it makes me feel happy to be able to have an education like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment